Nothing stays hidden from me. Nothing.
— Character selection
The Moroccan information broker, Cypher is a one-man surveillance network who keeps tabs on the enemy’s every move. No secret is safe. No maneuver goes unseen. Cypher is always watching.
If intel is your thing, Cypher might be your Agent. This Moroccan surveillance Agent has abilities that trap and reveal the locations of enemies that get stuck in them, as well as an actual spycam he can place on the map to watch the action from afar. His ultimate extracts information from a fresh enemy corpse to temporarily reveal the location of remaining players on the opposing team .
I will stop anyone who tries to come through. I must keep my secrets with me
— Cypher (Match Start)
Cypher is constantly gathering secrets, information and intel. He keeps most of this to himself, making sure that no one ever discovers them and only revealing anything he knows for a price.
He also tends to take parts and tools from his fellow agents whenever he needs them, often informing them later on that he has done so rather than asking them if he can use them beforehand.
Cypher wears a hat with an antenna attached to it. This device is what's used to locate and transmit the locations of enemies when Neural Theft is used as it floats over the body at Cypher's command. He wears an overcoat where he keeps his utility stored and always has a mask on to keep his face hidden. This mask is high tech and vision-specific.
EQUIP a trapwire. FIRE to place a destructible and covert tripwire at the targeted location, creating a line that spans between the placed location and the wall opposite. Enemy players who cross a tripwire will be tethered, revealed, and dazed after a short period if they do not destroy the device in time. This ability can be picked up to be REDEPLOYED.
INSTANTLY toss the cyber cage in front of Cypher. ACTIVATE to create a zone that blocks vision and plays an audio cue when enemies pass through it.
EQUIP a spycam. FIRE to place the spycam at the targeted location. RE-USE this ability to take control of the camera's view. While in control of the camera, FIRE to shoot a marking dart. This dart will reveal the location of any player struck by the dart.
INSTANTLY use on a dead enemy player in your crosshairs to reveal the location of all living enemy players.
Cost:♦♦♦♦♦♦ 6 points
|This article or section is incomplete|
Assist the wiki by expanding it as much as possible.
Cyber Cage has similarities to smokes. It can be used to deter an attacking team from pushing through an area or used by himself on Offense to provide cover for his team. Unlike smokes, the cage has an open top and bottom from which players can clearly look into the center of the cage, and the border makes a noise whenever an enemy walks through it.
|TIER 1||TIER 2||TIER 3||TIER 4||TIER 5|
I See You
|TIER 6||TIER 7||TIER 8||TIER 9||TIER 10|
- Main Article: Cypher/Quotes
- Cyber Cage
- Other abilities can no longer be placed on the projectile while it’s in mid-air or deployed on the ground
- Fixed a bug where picking up Trapwires or Cyber Cages during the Buy phase would prevent you from purchasing a second charge
- Neural Theft
- Ultimate points required decreased 7 >>> 6
- Fixed issue where Spycam's dart could sometimes hit players that were on the other side of a wall
- Fixed Spycam targeting going through Sage’s wall
- Fixed a rare bug that could leave players unable to move or process inputs until they died when entering or returning from Spycam
- "We previously addressed some causes of this bug last patch, this fix should address the remaining known causes"
- Fixed a couple input bugs around possessing and unpossessing Spycam in the same frame which lead to locking all inputs or locking view direction
- Cyber Cage
- Can now be picked up during buy phase
- Fixed a bug where traps that were placed such that they were on the inside of a doorway, would not trigger when someone walked through them
- Fixed an issue where players could place a Cyber Cage on a Trapwire
- Cyber Cage
- No longer holds the teleporter doors on Bind open
- Spycameras placed on the teleporter door frames on Bind no longer teleport it’s view location underground
- Can no longer pick up the trap after an enemy has triggered it
- Cyber Cage
- No longer slows enemies that move through it
- Cyber Cage
- Fixed a bug where Cyber Cage would be selected at a larger range than intended causing overlapping interaction issues
- Fixed issue with camera being placed on the Haven A Main boxes
- Can no longer use weapons
- Cypher's real name is 'Aamir', an Arabic name which means "Prince" in English.
- His Thrifty quotes imply that he may be poor, or was at one point.
- "I'll try to be even more poor next time. It'll be hard, hmm, but I'll try"
- "You think I don't know how to get by without money?"
- Cypher intentionally keeps his face and true identity hidden
- Cypher knew someone called Nora, who was likely a family relation to him. Cypher's quotes imply that Nora and other members of his family were killed
- "Nora, I will see you again"
- "I must survive to protect my family. I can't lose them. I can't feel that pain again..."
- Sage, you can bring people back from the dead? Anyone?! No constraints?! Interesting..." "So,
- Cypher knows many secrets that he keeps from his fellow agents. Because of this, some of them find it hard to trust him
- One such agent is Sova, whose values of honesty and openness conflict with Cypher's secrecy
- VALORANT Lore Discord Narrative AMA: Cypher's eyes
|Scrapped||Crusader • Joules • Shatter|
|Quotes||Astra • Breach • Brimstone • Cypher • Jett • KAY/O • Killjoy • Omen • Phoenix • Raze • Reyna • Sage • Skye • Sova • Viper • Yoru|