The Moroccan information broker, Cypher is a one-man surveillance network who keeps tabs on the enemy’s every move. No secret is safe. No maneuver goes unseen. Cypher is always watching.
Amir El Amari (Arabic: اَمير; meaning "prince") hails from Rabat, Morocco. Growing up and living there in poverty at times, his city's resources were depleted due to the activities of Kingdom Corporation in the area, with El Amari harboring a negative view towards them as a result. An information broker who is constantly gathering intel, El Amari mostly keeps the results of his work and his secrets close to his chest - especially those about himself. Going to great lengths to ensure no one can gather secrets on the man who knows all the secrets, El Amari has set up multiple safehouses in order to stay hidden as well as never going anywhere without wearing his black face-concealing mask. Even once recruited by the secretive VALORANT Protocol as its fifth agent, "Cypher", El Amari still keeps his face and identity hidden from his fellow agents. For now, nothing is worth the risk of removing his mask - not even for those closest to him.
AMIR EL AMARI: Early Life
- El Amari knew someone called Nora.
- El Amari has set up safehouses in Rabat, Tangier, and Marrakesh.
CYPHER: VALORANT agent
- Recruited as its fifth agent.
The Omega Project
- Cypher is assigned as a member of the Everett-Linde recovery mission.
- Cypher is involved in Chamber’s recruitment into VALORANT.
- Cypher gives a background check on Chamber to Brimstone.
- Though Chamber’s history was as he claimed, Cypher shows concern over how spotless Chamber’s reputation appeared to be, suspecting the Frenchman of hiding something.
- Cypher is present during the Max Bot training exercise at VALORANT HQ.
- Cypher remains outside the training area to play chess by himself.
- Cypher is involved in removing surveillance shots of the Venice incident off the internet when they began to appear on conspiracy sites.
- Cypher is involved in tracking down the blackmailer.
- Despite Cypher’s experience and knowledge in such areas, messages sent by the blackmailer are untraceable even to him, leaving Cypher impressed at their skill.
- Cypher is eventually able to narrow their search down to Turkey.
- Discussing what to do once they apprehended the blackmailer, Cypher understood execution was ideally to be avoided but he did not know what the alternatives could be.
- Cypher is assigned as a member of the Istanbul strike team.
- Cypher’s role was to handle surveillance of the city, though he also fights in combat for the team’s final move to apprehend their target.
- He tracks the target to a warehouse and keeps tabs on local authorities to ensure their presence is not detected.
- Cypher is involved with the interrogation of the blackmailer.
- Cypher is reported to be joining Brimstone in multiple meetings with the blackmailer that are being kept need-to-know.
- In one of his interrogations, Cypher looks to understand how she was able to obtain so much information about himself and his fellow agents.
- When he moves on to the topic of her missing person, Cypher assures her that the VALORANT Protocol has nothing to do with it. When questioned on who would be responsible if not them, he reveals the existence of other worlds to her.
- Cypher completes audio analysis of the interrogations and supports the blackmailer's recruitment into VALORANT.
Continuing the Omega Project
- Cypher implores Brimstone to restock their supply of coffee pods as they had run out and the other agents were resorting to drinking Cypher's "expensive" tea instead.
Cypher is constantly gathering secrets, information, and intel, to the point of managing to retrieve the passwords of everyone in the VALORANT Protocol. He keeps most of this information to himself, making sure that no one ever discovers them and only revealing anything he knows for a price. In contrast of how he knows a lot about his allies, they do not know much about him, and he prefers to keep it that way.
While Cypher has a history of being a killer, he has shown to have warmer ties with some of the agents in the Protocol, to the point of referring to them by nicknames; for example, he refers to Killjoy as 'little engineer', Phoenix as 'little star', and Jett as 'wind assassin', among others. A calculated person who enjoys a game of chess, Cypher is known to be rather observant towards others, as seen when he noted that sacrifice plays for victory's sake was not Phoenix's usual engagement style.
He is also known to be rather cheeky, and tends to take parts or tools from his fellow agents whenever he needs them, often informing them later on that he has done so rather than asking them if he can use them beforehand.
Cypher wears a hat with an antenna attached to it. This device is what's used to locate and transmit the locations of enemies when Neural Theft is used as it floats over the body at Cypher's command. He wears an overcoat where he keeps his utility stored and always has a mask on to keep his face hidden. This mask is high tech and vision-specific.
EQUIP a trapwire. FIRE to place a destructible and covert tripwire at the targeted location, creating a line that spans between the placed location and the wall opposite. Enemy players who cross a tripwire will be tethered, revealed, and dazed after a short period if they do not destroy the device in time. This ability can be picked up to be REDEPLOYED.
INSTANTLY toss the cyber cage in front of Cypher. ACTIVATE to create a zone that blocks vision and plays an audio cue when enemies pass through it.
EQUIP a spycam. FIRE to place the spycam at the targeted location. RE-USE this ability to take control of the camera's view. While in control of the camera, FIRE to shoot a marking dart. This dart will reveal the location of any player struck by the dart.
INSTANTLY use on a dead enemy player in your crosshairs to reveal the location of all living enemy players.
|TIER 1||TIER 2||TIER 3||TIER 4||TIER 5|
I See You
|TIER 6||TIER 7||TIER 8||TIER 9||TIER 10|
- Cyber Cage
- Progress/Charge bars moved to a consistent location and made a consistent size
- Voice lines relating to Trapwire and Spycam will now be heard globally by allies
- Cyber Cage
- Fixed a bug where picking up Trapwires or Cyber Cages during the Buy phase would prevent you from purchasing a second charge
- Neural Theft
- Fixed issue where Spycam's dart could sometimes hit players that were on the other side of a wall
- Fixed Spycam targeting going through Sage's wall
- Fixed a rare bug that could leave players unable to move or process inputs until they died when entering or returning from Spycam
- "We previously addressed some causes of this bug last patch, this fix should address the remaining known causes"
- Cyber Cage
- Fixed an issue where players could place a Cyber Cage on a Trapwire
- Fixed an issue where Spycam blocked Spike defusal
- Cyber Cage
- Cyber Cage
- He is particularly fond of playing chess.
- Omen has reached out to Cypher for help in his search for some "hard to find answers". Cypher has been able to gather some information regarding this, but he still requires Omen to pay him something in return before he hands the intel over.
- Cypher's secrecy conflict with Sova's values of honesty and transparency. While Sova has been vocal about his distrust for Cypher, it is currently unknown if the intel broker reciprocates the feeling.
- Cypher has referred to the hunter as his "measured friend."
- In his email sent to Brimstone, Cypher is shown to be untrusting towards Chamber as he validated the French agent's work history.
- VALORANT Reddit AMA - Cypher's identity.
- VALORANT Protocol#The Blackmailer's agent dossiers
- 3.09 Viper Email
- 3.10 Cypher Email
- Cinematics#WARM UP
- 4.01 Breach Email
- 4.03 Sova Email
- 4.05 Cypher Email
- Istanbul Strike Team
- 4.07 Phoenix Voicemail
- Cypher interrogation audio log
- 4.08 Cypher Voicemail
- 4.10 Cypher Voicemail
- VALORANT Lore Discord Narrative AMA: Cypher's eyes
- VALORANT Discord Dev Q&A - Cypher selling intel to Omen (Discord link)
- VALORANT Reddit AMA - Rivalry between Cypher and Sova
- Cypher to Sova - "Ah, Sova. My measured friend, that was amazing!"
|Quotes||Astra • Breach • Brimstone • Chamber • Cypher • Fade • Jett • KAY/O • Killjoy • Neon • Omen • Phoenix • Raze • Reyna • Sage • Skye • Sova • Viper • Yoru|
|Scrapped||Crusader • Joules • Shatter|