EQUIP a shadow orb, entering a phased world to place and target the orbs. PRESS the ability key to throw the shadow orb to the marked location, creating a long-lasting shadow sphere that blocks vision. HOLD FIRE while targeting to move the marker further away. HOLD SECONDARY FIRE while targeting to move the marker closer. PRESS RELOAD to toggle normal targeting view.
— In-game description
Dark Cover is a Vision Blocker ability that Omen must equip before casting. Upon doing so, he will enter a phased world that is a mirror counterpart of the entire map he is currently on. His perspective within this world is centered on a smoke indicator that shows a blue outline of where a smoke will deploy on activation. Omen can use his fire keys to move the marker across the map. In the phased world, Omen's perspective will follow the smoke indicator as it is moved. Omen can still move his real body using his movement keys but will not be able to see his allies nor any walls or roofs. Any enemies however that would appear is his field of view will appear in the phased world with a red outline. Omen will still be able to hear everything happening around him clearly whilst in the phased world.
Omen can use his reload key to alternate between the phased world view and the real world for a normal targeting view. Using normal targeting, Omen can still use his fire keys to move the marker but will keep his standard first-person perspective from his body's location, being able to see everything that is happening in front of him.
The smoke can be deployed at any position in range and any altitude. Once deployed, a shadow orb will travel from Omen's location to the target location. Enemies cannot see this orb whilst it is traveling. Upon reaching its destination the orb will transform into a smoke. If the center of the smoke is not directly on top of a horizontal surface, the smoke will sink vertically until this condition is met. Vision within the smoke is clear. Once it expires, the smoke will instantly dissipate.
Note: Values that are not marked as confirmed (i.e. values not provided explicitly in game or from patch notes) are only estimates. Whilst they may not be the true value, they have been tested so that they should be very accurate. Hover over check marks to see sources for confirmed values.
|Equip time||0.6 seconds|
|Max deploy distance||80 meters|
|Orb travel speed||28 meters per second|
|Deploy time||1 second|
- Will no longer equip weapons slower than intended after casting Dark Cover
- Fixed an issue where Dark Cover could travel in unintended ways that caused it to settle slightly off from where it was aimed
- Granted signature charges reduced 2 >>> 1
- Omen now must buy his second smoke for 100
- Cooldown time increased 35 >>> 40
- Projectile speed decreased 4000 >>> 2800
- Omen now enters a “phaser” world where he can see through walls to place his smokes
- Pressing RELOAD toggles between phased and normal targeting
- Omen can now increase smoke distance with PRIMARY FIRE, decrease it with SECONDARY FIRE, and throw smoke with the ABILITY KEY
- Duration increased 12 >> 15 seconds
- Projectile speed increased
- Cooldown increased 30 >> 35 seconds