Your next battleground is a secret Kingdom excavation site overtaken by the arctic. The two plant sites protected by snow and metal require some horizontal finesse. Take advantage of the ziplines and they’ll never see you coming.
Icebox is the first map to introduce horizontal ziplines, seen at the A Site. Each Icebox site is a complex combat space that features plenty of cover and verticality. This map emphasizes skirmishes, sharp aim, and adaptive play.
It is also the first map where the plant site has different levels of elevation. Both sites contain nests that players can get into using ropes and then plant the spike on the nest floor.
- Snow Pile
- Harry Potter (Community created)
- Viper's Pit will no longer spawn incorrectly when placed on top of the shipping crates on B site
- The crate stack on B site is no longer pennable, this is to create a safer planting option for attackers
- Minimap and vision cones will now correctly display near B Yellow
- Reduced the height of the A Belt area and connected it via a ramp to the platform below
- This puts the upper A Belt area more in line with the rest of the verticality in the site
- Acquiring targets up top also requires less vertical movement of the crosshair
- Added a see-through gate here that can’t be passed from the ground level
- Pathing should hopefully be more predictable from attackers approaching the site and defenders retaking the site
- Sloped the wall (first image) and replaced the double stack of Radianite crates in the site with a smaller object (second image)
- This should allow attackers to approach the site more safely, and a quicker retake of the site for defenders
- Reduced the height of the yellow container.
- This allows the top of the container to be fully cleared from several angles as well as reduces the amount of crosshair displacement required when aiming at targets on top of the container
- Added to Competitve queue
v1.10 - Added
- Icebox is only available to play in Unrated, Spike Rush, and Deathmatch modes
- Icebox will become available for play in Competitive in Patch 1.11
- For 1.10, players queuing for Unrated will more often get placed on Icebox
- Map coordinates at 76°44'A" N 149°30'Z" E, off the coast of Bennett Island, Sakha, Russia.
- Outside of the playable map area overlooking A Site is a room containing a closed pod that has a suit of Japanese Samurai armor inside
- On initial release, the room was abandoned like the rest of the map, and the pod's armor also contained a mask
- After Yoru's release, this area of the map was updated to show that it had been broken into. The glass separating the room from A Site was shattered, as had the top half of the pod. The armor's mask had been removed, and what appears to be a radianite trail leads from where the mask was out of the room and out through a hole blasted through the roof of A Site
- It is thought that the mask taken from this armor is the one Yoru uses during his ultimate and that therefore it was Yoru himself who carried out this break in. This is further evidenced by Yoru confirming to Phoenix that he knew his way around the place when the two went there to respond to a spike attack.