The genius of Germany, Killjoy secures the battlefield with ease using her arsenal of inventions. If the damage from her gear doesn't stop her enemies, her robots debuff will help make short work of them.
Klara Böhringer is an inventor from Germany who was born to one parent with Germanic ancestry. A nominee for the Distinguished Inventor award, Böhringer became the lead for Kingdom's R&D department at the age of 18. Incredibly successful, she had many breakthroughs during her time at Kingdom with several of her creations and innovations.Böhringer was the fourth agent to join the VALORANT Protocol as "Killjoy". She earned her call sign after her team initially used it to compliment her outstanding skills that reduced the amount of work the rest of them had to do, with Klara deciding to keep the nickname. Killjoy now continues her innovative work as an agent of VALORANT and the protégé of the organization's commander, Brimstone. From inventing spike defusers under pressure of an incoming detonation to building teleporters for transportation between worlds, any device the Protocol needs for any purpose - with the right tools, Killjoy can make it.
KLARA BÖHRINGER: Early Life
- Böhringer knows people called Zehra and Emil.
- Böhringer is nominated for the Distinguished Inventor award.
- Böhringer becomes Kingdom’s R&D lead at 18.
KILLJOY: VALORANT agent
- Recruited as its fourth agent.
- Killjoy is assigned as a member of the Rabat strike team.
The Omega Project
- Killjoy is assigned to produce an Alpha-Omega teleporter for the VALORANT Protocol to use.
- She initially only has standard Alpha teleporter blueprints to use as a reference, and she also needed a suitable power source, prompting her to apply for more funding.
- Whilst working on the Everett-Linde data, Killjoy realizes the facility’s research was far ahead of what she is used to, and she expresses unease about the events resulting in its ruined state and the deaths of its workers.
- Killjoy is present during the Max Bot training exercise at VALORANT HQ.
- Killjoy creates Max Bot along with Raze and is one of the agents to fight against him.
- Continuing to build the Alpha-Omega teleporter:
- With Neon recruited as a VALORANT agent, Killjoy is able to work with her to reboot the portal using Neon’s radiant abilities as a power source, also suggesting that now a stable connection was feasible that leadership should begin plans for the operation details once on the ground at Omega.
- As the project continued, Killjoy reportedly becomes more lax with her own safety protocols, prompting Neon to raise concerns to Brimstone.
Continuing the Omega Project
The epitome of German efficiency, Killjoy always shows excitement at the opportunity of being able to use the technology she builds to its fullest extent, as well as the chance to retrieve additional knowledge. Always ambitious in her work, Killjoy has shamelessly admitted that she has a history of exploiting tech-related missions in order to "weasel more money" out of the Protocol's quarterly budget.
While she describes herself as "cool as a cucumber," Killjoy grows frustration whenever she sees her teammates not participating alongside her requests such as testing new tech or reading the data reports she has written. Nevertheless, she is fully confident in her own genius, as seen when she tells her teammates (particularly the tech users) to entrust their gadgets for her to fix, and when she reminds the team to leave the overthinking to her.
A glimpse of her sympathetic nature was shown in a voicemail sent to Brimstone wherein she expressed sadness over the loss of non-military lives following the destruction of the Everett-Linde Laboratory.
She plays League of Legends, and has shown to be an avid fan of the video game.
Killjoy is a young German woman with slick dark brown hair and brown eyes. She is often seen wearing a padded yellow jacket with a blue interior, purple "X" patches on either shoulder and a green beanie-like hat. Underneath the jacket she wears a gray shirt with a rising bars graphic. She has round glasses with black outlines, a pair of silver hoop earrings in either ear, and a pair of green shoes that resemble Converse Chuck Taylor's with silver toes and loose tongues. Covering her hands are a pair of black gloves with blue straps that exposes her ring and pinkie fingers. She wears black ripped skinny jeans with a green strap on her left thigh which is also connected to a fanny pack.
In "WARM-UP," Killjoy is seen wearing a white hoodie jacket with a logo of a frog mascot, and a yellow variation of her beanie.
EQUIP a Nanoswarm grenade. FIRE to throw the grenade. Upon landing, the Nanoswarm goes covert. ACTIVATE the Nanoswarm to deploy a damaging swarm of nanobots.
EQUIP a covert Alarmbot. FIRE to deploy a bot that hunts down enemies that get in range. After reaching its target, the bot explodes and applies Vulnerable to enemies in the area. HOLD EQUIP to recall a deployed bot.
EQUIP a Turret. FIRE to deploy a turret that automatically fires at enemies in a 180 degree cone. HOLD EQUIP to recall the deployed turret.
EQUIP the Lockdown device. FIRE to deploy the device. After a long windup, the device Detains all enemies caught in the radius. The device can be destroyed by enemies.
|TIER 1||TIER 2||TIER 3||TIER 4||TIER 5|
Don't Cross Me
|TIER 6||TIER 7||TIER 8||TIER 9||TIER 10|
- Fixed Killjoy not getting charges from her Alarmbot and Turret back if they are recalled after she is resurrected
- Killjoy plays League of Legends.
- Her sentry bot is known to be powered by a Radi-Core. Whilst unable to do so in game for gameplay/balancing reasons, the turret is able to move and run on its two legs.
- She and Raze developed a training robot known as "Max Bot," which is designed to imitate and replicate the powers and skills of its opponent.
- If Killjoy successfully defuses a spike, her voiceline suggests that she may have something to do with its creation.
- Killjoy created Brimstone's bracer.
- Killjoy originally had an ability called "Seeker".
- Lockdown used to belong to the scrapped agent Joules.
- Killjoy was originally male during her first development phase.
- She was a robot during part of her development.
- She is Brimstone's protégé, having a close bond and learning much about tactics from him. He is a guardian figure to her.
- Killjoy and Raze are known to have a friendly rivalry.
- VALORANT Lore Discord Narrative AMA: Killjoy's ethnicity
- VALORANT Protocol#The Blackmailer's agent dossiers
- 3.09 Viper Email and Killjoy Voicemail
- 3.10 Cypher Email
- 3.12 Killjoy Voicemail
- Cinematics#WARM UP
- 4.0 Killjoy Voicemail
- 4.02 Neon Voicemail
- 4.09 Killjoy Email
- 4.10 Chamber Email
- Reddit Narrative AMA: Existence of Riot Games within VALORANT
- Killjoy Reveal article (in German)
- VALORANT Lore Discord Narrative AMA: Killjoy and Brimstone (Discord link)
|Quotes||Astra • Breach • Brimstone • Chamber • Cypher • Fade • Jett • KAY/O • Killjoy • Neon • Omen • Phoenix • Raze • Reyna • Sage • Skye • Sova • Viper • Yoru|
|Scrapped||Crusader • Joules • Shatter|