Relax, I've already thought of everything.
— Character selection
The genius of Germany, Killjoy secures the battlefield with ease using her arsenal of inventions. If the damage from her gear doesn't stop her enemies, her robots debuff will help make short work of them.
Killjoy uses a collection of inventions and devices to take down her enemies.
"Don't overthink it, that's my job"
— Killjoy (Barrier Down)
Killjoy is a young German woman with slick dark brown hair and brown eyes. She is often seen wearing a padded yellow jacket with a blue interior, purple "X" patches on either shoulder and a green beanie-like hat. Underneath the jacket she wears a gray shirt with a rising bars graphic. She has round glasses with black outlines, a pair of silver hoop earrings in either ear, and a pair of green shoes that resemble Converse Chuck Taylor's with silver toes and loose tongues. Covering her hands are a pair of black gloves with blue straps that exposes her ring and pinkie fingers. She wears black ripped skinny jeans with a green strap on her left thigh which is also connected to a fanny pack.
EQUIP a Nanoswarm grenade. FIRE to throw the grenade. Upon landing, the Nanoswarm goes covert. ACTIVATE the Nanoswarm to deploy a damaging swarm of nanobots.
EQUIP a covert Alarmbot. FIRE to deploy a bot that hunts down enemies that get in range. After reaching its target, the bot explodes and applies Vulnerable to enemies in the area. HOLD EQUIP to recall a deployed bot.
EQUIP a Turret. FIRE to deploy a turret that automatically fires at enemies in a 180 degree cone. HOLD EQUIP to recall the deployed turret.
EQUIP the Lockdown device. FIRE to deploy the device. After a long windup, the device Detains all enemies caught in the radius. The device can be destroyed by enemies.
Pay attention to positioning and what utility the enemy has available before you place a Lockdown device. Enemies can use damaging utility, such as Shock Bolts and Paint Shells, to destroy it and can achieve this even easier without caring about where the device is positioned by using ultimates such as Orbital Strike and Hunter's Fury to hit it wherever it may be. Some spots may also be vulnerable to enemies shooting the device through a wall with medium or high-penetration guns.
|TIER 1||TIER 2||TIER 3||TIER 4||TIER 5|
Don't Cross Me
|TIER 6||TIER 7||TIER 8||TIER 9||TIER 10|
- Main Article: Killjoy/Quotes
- Bullet tagging reduced 72.5% slow >>> 29.5% slow
- Fixed Turret not being affected by stuns
- Cooldown after pickup increased 7 >>> 20 seconds
- Fixed a bug where picking up Nanoswarms during thebuy phase would prevent you from purchasing a second charge
- Cooldown after pickup increased 10 >>> 20 seconds
- Disbabled Alarmbots will no longer chase far away targets that ran by them when they are re-enabled
- Killjoy can now pick up deployed Nanoswarm grenades during the buy phase to get the charge back
- Fixed Killjoy not getting charges from her Alarmbot and Turret back if they are recalled after she is resurrected
- Can no longer place Lockdown off the ground by jumping and placing it on cosmetic pieces of geo on the walls
- Fixed an issue where Killjoy’s turret could be placed underneath the ground in some maps
- Alarmbot now deactivates if Killjoy is more than 40m away from it. Reentering the 40m range reactivates the ability.
- Range at which Alarmbot can be detected decreased from 9m >>> 7m.
- Cooldown after pickup reduced from 20 seconds >>> 7 seconds.
- Range at which Nanoswarm can be detected decreased from 5m >>> 3.5m
- Damage increased from 40/s >>> 45/s
- Damage now ticks smoother and faster while in Nanoswarm, instead of in chunks of 10 every 1/4 of a second.
- Turret now deactivates if Killjoy is more than 40m away from it. Reentering the 40m range reactivates the ability.
- Cooldown after pickup reduced from 20 seconds >>> 10 seconds.
- Added a brief windup before damage begins.
- DPS reduced from 60 >>> 40.
- Visual effects have been added to make it easier to spot the grenade on the ground Stealth audio range has been slightly increased
v1.05 - Added
- Killjoy originally had an ability called "Seeker".
- Lockdown used to belong to the scrapped agent Joules.
- Killjoy was originally a male during her first development phase.
- She also was a robot in some part of development.
- Killjoy is implied to have created the Spike and the Defuser.
- "Oh, no no, you don't deserve my inventions"
- It appears as if a mirrored version of Killjoy created the spike, with the Killjoy from Earth 1 appearing to be unfamiliar with what was in front of her. She was able to stop the spike from detonating by using a defuser powered by a super-heated Radi-Core that she made.
- Killjoy would go on to take the defused spike back to VALORANT for analysis and also make modifications to the original defuser design.
- Other Killjoy inventions/creations include a sentry bot, an alarmbot, swarm grenades, a 'Lockdown' device, and Brimstone's bracer.
- Sentry bot/Turret
- It has a face that's looks like the Brazil soccer mascot, however this might just be because Raze tends to mess with her sentry bot, evidenced her voice lines.
- Whilst unable to do so in game for gameplay/balancing reasons, the turret is able to move and run on its two legs.
- It is powered by a Radi-Core.
- Sentry bot/Turret
- Raze stole one of her alarm bots and modified it to create her Boom Bot.
- Killjoy plays League of Legends.
- She is Brimstone's protégé, and has a close bond with him. He is a guardian figure to her.
- She has one parent with Germanic ancestry.
- Whilst not "canon per se", VALORANT Twitter released content on April Fools Day 2021 that suggested Killjoy and Raze were romantically involved.
- Killjoy Reveal article (in German)
- Reddit Narrative AMA: Existence of Riot Games within VALORANT
- VALORANT Lore Discord Narrative AMA: Killjoy and Brimstone (Discord link)
- VALORANT Lore Discord Narrative AMA: Killjoy's ethnicity
- Agents of Love 2021
- Riot KingKut confirms Agents of Love was not canon (Discord link)
|Scrapped||Crusader • Joules • Shatter|
|Quotes||Astra • Breach • Brimstone • Cypher • Jett • KAY/O • Killjoy • Omen • Phoenix • Raze • Reyna • Sage • Skye • Sova • Viper • Yoru|