Filipino Agent, Neon, surges forward at shocking speeds, discharging bursts of bioelectric radiance as fast as her body generates it. She races ahead to catch enemies off guard, then strikes them down quicker than lightning.
Raised in Manila, Philippines, Tala Nicole Dimaapi Valdez is a Radiant empowered by her bioelectricity which has enlaced itself with Earth's radianite mesh. A young but former veteran at K/SEC, she was recruited by the VALORANT Protocol as part of their Omega Project, specifically to utilize her electric abilities as they attempted to power an Alpha-Omega teleporter. Accepting a position there as their nineteenth agent, "Neon", Valdez left her home to join the Protocol and now seeks to help establish a stable connection that will finally allow the VP to cross over to Omega Earth.
TALA NICOLE DIMAAPI VALDEZ: Early Life
- Valdez works for K/SEC.
NEON: VALORANT agent
- Recruited as its nineteenth agent.
- Neon is present at VALORANT HQ whilst several agents were participating in the Max Bot training exercise.
- Neon is able to turn on a live stream of the action from her personal quarters.
The Omega Project
- Neon works with Killjoy to attempt rebooting the Alpha-Omega teleporter.
- Neon expresses concerns over Killjoy becoming more lax with her own safety protocols.
- Neon rejects ideas about removing limiters from her surge protector.
- Neon is assigned as a member of the Istanbul strike team.
- Neon’s role was to cover ground quickly, and she also fights in the team’s final move to apprehend their target.
Journey to Omega
- Neon is assigned as a member of the Omega Lisbon Data Center strike team.
- She holds off a squad of Force Atlas agents along with Reyna whilst Killjoy obtains information from a terminal.
- Her surge protector is damaged during the mission, causing her to go into Overdrive.
- After the mission to the Data Center, Neon is kept isolated in a containment room whilst her surge protector is repaired.
- She expresses boredom and frustrations whilst waiting, and wants to return to the fight as soon as possible in order to get payback.
With her electrifying speed allowing her to charge into the heat of the battle, Neon is not one who can promise her allies that she'll stay out of harm's way. While she is confident in her abilities and the value it can bring during gunfights, she can sometimes struggle to control her electric powers and thus makes it a point to keep them in check at all times.
Neon has strong and close ties with her family; as soon as she arrived at the VALORANT Protocol headquarters, she made sure to call her parents to update them on the news. According to Chamber, Neon has a strong sense of service which she gets from her family. She also cares a lot for her teammates during missions, reminding them to take care and to stay alive because as she states, she hates making new friends.
Neon is a young Filipina woman with olive skin and a short stature. She sports an athletic attire with black and blue running leggings along with a pair of sneakers. She also wears a dark-blue cropped vest that appears to act as electrical conduits for her powers. Her arms and face have light blue patterns that can illuminate with her radiant abilities. She has shoulder-length shaggy hair, colored mainly electric blue with streaks of yellow throughout and wears it in a half-up pigtails hairstyle. She also wears a belt and accessorizes with a golden bracelet on each arm.
When using her radiant powers to channel electricity through her body, the patterns on her arms, face, as well as her eyes glow light blue along with the her hair which stands-up due to the electricity.
FIRE two energy lines forward on the ground that extend a short distance or until they hit a surface. The lines rise into walls of static electricity that block vision.
INSTANTLY throw an energy bolt that bounces once. Upon hitting each surface, the bolt electrifies the ground below with a concussive blast.
INSTANTLY channel Neon's high power for increased speed. When charged, ALT FIRE to trigger an electric slide. Slide charge resets every two kills.
Unleash Neon's full power and speed for a short duration. FIRE to channel the power into a deadly lightning beam with high movement accuracy.
|TIER 1||TIER 2||TIER 3||TIER 4||TIER 5|
Nice To Zap You
|TIER 6||TIER 7||TIER 8||TIER 9||TIER 10|
Eye Of The Storm
Live Wire Frenzy
- Fast Lane
- High Gear
- Velocity restriction to cast slide removed
- Slide cannot be cast during equip delay
- Can now slide sideways and forward, only requiring Neon to be moving
- Energy drain increased 6.7/s >>> 10/s
- Velocity restriction to cast slide removed
- Neon is from the city of Manila in the Philippines.
- "Viper, your suit is a little stifling, no? When you go meet the new agent, maybe pack something light, Manila is quite warm this time of year"
- The first teaser for this was hidden in some binary code in an official VALORANT tweet, which converted to the coordinates 14.5995° N, 120.9842° E, leading to a busy area in the Quiapo district of Manila.
- In an official photo for the December 2021 Night Market, another teaser of Neon's place of origin appeared in the form of parol lanterns, a traditional Filipino Christmas ornament, which were seen in the background.
- VALORANT's Agent Team which worked on Neon and the League of Legends's Champion Team which worked on Zeri, collaborated together, contributing to both characters.
- Both characters are inspired by Filipino culture, share the same voice actress, and hairstyle.
- Both also have power over electricity and abilities that affect their movement. One of Zeri's theme during development was to bring the feel of a shooter to League of Legends.
- Both characters were announced around the same time for their respective games.
- Both characters share the quote "Quick feet, quick trigger."
- According to a media article with an interview of Neon's VA, Neon was discovered by a Filipino scientist around 10 BFL when they were conducting an investigation near Mt. Pulag following a lightning strike that revealed a rift in the sky. She was then adopted by the scientist alongside her adoptive mom who works as an officer in the Manila Anti-Corruption Task Force.
- Because this info didn't come from an official Riot or VALORANT source, nor was it associated with a Rioter, it should not yet be taken as canon. However, there are still links between the info shown and info about Neon that is canon, such as the appearance of a lightning strike and rift in her player card.
- Neon has had a previous misunderstanding with Chamber, which prevented him from being able to approach her when he and the VALORANT Protocol needed her help later on.
- "Unfortunately, I cannot reach out to her directly, there is a past...misunderstanding that...may make her less receptive."
- 3.12 Chamber Voicemail
- Neon Reveal Trailer
- 4.0 Killjoy Voicemail
- 4.02 Neon Voicemail
- 4.03 Killjoy Voicemail
- Istanbul Strike Team
- 5.0 Neon email
- @PlayVALORANT Neon Teaser: Neon calling her parents
- @PlayVALORANT Twitter
- Night Market - December 2021
- Vanille Velasquez on repping a unique Filipino voice for 'VALORANT'
- Canonicty of lore 'reveals' from 3rd party sources
|Quotes||Astra • Breach • Brimstone • Chamber • Cypher • Fade • Jett • KAY/O • Killjoy • Neon • Omen • Phoenix • Raze • Reyna • Sage • Skye • Sova • Viper • Yoru|
|Scrapped||Crusader • Joules • Shatter|