EQUIP a chemical launcher. FIRE to launch a canister that shatters upon hitting the floor, creating a lingering chemical zone that damages and applies Vulnerable.
— In-game description
Snake Bite is a Deterrent ability that Viper must equip before casting. Upon casting she will throw a canister that detonates as soon as it comes into contact with horizontal terrain. Upon detonation, the canister will create a damaging zone that quickly spreads out from the point of detonation in a circular area of effect. Agents who come into contact with the zone will become Vulnerable and begin to take damage as soon as the zone spreads to an area they are standing on. The zone will always deal damage to agents at the same rate, but agents will take more total damage over the ability's full duration if they were at the center of the zone on detonation compared to a player who was closer to the edge of the zone on detonation. Once the zone reaches its maximum radius, it will continue applying Vulnerable and damaging any player it touches until it expires, at which point the whole zone will instantly dissipate.
Vulnerable doubles any incoming damage agents takes and this includes the damage taken from Snake Bite. The debuff will continue to remain on an agent for a short duration after they exit the area of effect or after it dissipates.
Note: Values that are not marked as confirmed (i.e. values not provided explicitly in game or from patch notes) are only estimates. Whilst they may not be the true value, they have been tested so that they should be very accurate. Hover over check marks to see sources for confirmed values.
|Equip time||0.8 seconds|
|Damage||1 per tick
|Ticks/Tick rate||12.15 per second
1 every 0.0823 seconds
Total 75-79 ticks
|Vulnerable duration||2 seconds|
- Duration reduced 8 >>> 6.5
- Outer edges of Viper’s acid patch form faster to ensure it is lethal if an enemy sits in the entire duration
- Cost increased 100 >>> 200
- Equip time decreased 1.1 >>> .8
- Vulnerable debuff applied from Snake Bite now lingers for 2 seconds after leaving Snake Bite
- Applies fragile to enemies for a short time
- Fragile is a debuff that doubles damage taken
- Total damage taken from Snake Bite is unchanged
- Radius increased 350 >>> 450
- Height required to jump out of Snake Bite increased 80 >> 120
- Damage tick speed increased (total damage per second unchanged)