"If you want to go far, you’ll have to go up. A pair of sites split by an elevated center allows for rapid movement using two rope ascenders. Each site is built with a looming tower vital for control. Remember to watch above before it all blows sky-high."
Split was the first map to use ascenders. There are three sets on the map:
- Two that allow players to get up from Sewer to A Lobby
- One that allows players to get up from B Hell to B Tower
- Four that allow players to navigate through Vents
- A Site
- B Site
- Fixed a bug where attackers at A Lobby could hear gunshots from A Ramps during the buy phase
- Increased the width of the B Main doorway
- This should make the space easier to navigate for attackers, and make it more difficult for defenders to stall Attackers
- There is a crate for attackers to utilize on the other side of the doorways as cover, which allows for utility to be thrown into the site from a new angle
- Added an additional trash pile on B Site to prevent defenders from hiding in too deep a nook outside B Main doorway
- Increased Spike plant zone boundary on B Site
- New material stack for cover in B Site that allows you to isolate angles more effectively and breaks up a vertical 50/50 angle when peeking into the site from B Main
- Reduced depth of a corner in Alley to allow pushing into defender spawn from B Site with more safety
- Removed the cubby in Alley to allow pushing through this area more safely
- Increased the width of the Vent Room entrance
- Added a sloped wall in the Vent Room, which removes a 50/50 check when entering Vents from Mid
- Removed a section of wall in the Ramen/Scuttle Crab (B Link) area to make it more open and allow you to push through and clear without having to rely as heavily on utility
- Reduce depth of cubby in Sewer to allow pushing through this space more safely
- Increased the width of the doorway to A Tower
- Removed parts of the wall in A Tower to reduced safety of defenders
- Adjusted angle of sloped wall on A Site to allow the back corner to be cleared slightly earlier from attackers
- This angle is still safe from A Tower, however you can now successfully clear this spot by stepping out onto the Rafters without having to drop down towards site
- Increased wall depth near Screens, which allows you to move out of Screens more safely without the use of utility
- Ascender acceleration adjusted to prevent sudden shifts in direction
- Added weapon tagging when shot while on Ascenders
- Adjusted Defender Spawn to allow clearing angles to be a bit more straightforward
- Restructured mid chokepoint
- We felt like Defenders were able to effectively plug up the main choke point in mid for a large percentage of the round. The new layout hopes to alleviate this issue. These changes open up the space quite a bit and provides an additional path to get around stalling abilities on the stairs. It also gives Attackers a few different angles to help siege B Tower and Vents.
- Expanded our new system that combats map exploits to all other maps—this will eradicate anyone trying to escape the playspace
- Continued to fix level collision in order to enhance the smoothness of the gameplay space
- Completed draw call optimizations
- Also continued to block spots for Cypher's Spycam that prevented counter-play
- Barrier locations (those clear blue walls) have been adjusted across the map to provide attackers more of a foothold into territory control across the map.
- Defender barrier in B Mid has been pulled back. New barriers are in the entrance to Vent and atop the staircase in B Tower.
- Defender barrier has been pulled back at A Ramps.
- Attacker barrier has been pushed forward at A Main.
- Attacker barrier has been pushed forward slightly at B Main.
- Angled the wall on the left interior of B Tower when pushing up the stairs from Mid
- This removes a 50/50 angle check when pushing into this space, which should make it more approachable for you to try and gain control of B Tower.
- Radianite crate in B has been changed to a metal crate to provide more cover when planting the Spike.
- Revised art to improve performance throughout the map.
- Added fixes for Cypher Spycam exploits
- Backside of spawn barriers are now opaque to prevent some abuse cases
- Added ability for Spike to automatically fall from elevated boost positions
- Fixed multiple spots where Sova’s Recon Bolt could over-penetrate map geometry
- Multiple fixes to geometry to fix exploits and help optimize gameplay
- Several exploits fixed
- Orb moved from B Mid to B Main
- Map coordinates at 35°41'CD" N 139°41'WX" E, in Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan.
- At B Link, the backdrop is named Scuttle Shack, themed after the Scuttle Crab from League of Legends.