The Stinger sits at 950 credits and is unique for its high fire rate and short range.
It has an alternate fire mode when aiming down sights, consisting of a four-round burst with tighter spread and less recoil. This burst firing mode also increases the damage drop-off range to 30m (from 20m). Firing like so can be effective at close range to instantly head-burst someone or at medium range to rapidly finish off a wounded target; however, sustained DPS is very low in this fire mode, and accuracy is still poor.
The Stinger has a low damage per shot compared to nearly every other weapon in the game and furthermore has an absurdly high spread, leading to lower accuracy. However, the Stinger is very cheap and has high damage per second. Its time-to-kill is quick, only outmatched by the Odin, Vandal, Phantom, and instant-kill weapons at close range; but landing shots accurately at medium to long range will prove difficult.
The Stinger is useful for buys when your team does not have sufficient credits for rifles, and cannot afford the Spectre, but still wants to compete at close range with enemies that purchased higher credit guns. The Stinger can only be used effectively at very close ranges, where it's high DPS can be put into use while minimizing the loss of damage caused by the high spread. Considering the low capacity size of 20 shots per magazine, it is still important to make every shot count, especially when facing more than one enemy, as burning through all of its bullets in a few milliseconds is a crippling disadvantage using the Stinger brings. It is also important to learn when to pull down during its intense recoil pattern.
Minimum Kill Time
|Effective Health||Minimum kill time|
|100 - 125 Health||0.06 seconds|
|150 Health||0.12 seconds|
Average damage drop-off rate : 8% (Very Low)
Head to leg damage ratio : 291% (Low)
- Walking inaccuracy changed from .3 >>> 1.0
- Running inaccuracy changed from 2.0 >>> 2.5
- Price decreased 1100 >>> 950
- Price increased 1000 >>> 1100 credits
- Primary Fire
- Fire rate reduced 18 >>> 16
- Now reaches max spread at bullet 4, instead of bullet 6
- Adjusted pitch (vertical) recoil curve, recoil climbs more aggressively past the 3rd bullet
- Alt fire
- Adjusted pitch (vertical) recoil to be more aggressive after the first burst
- Added more error on bursts after the first one
- Recovery time on burst mode decreased .45 >>> .4
|Cavalier||EP. 02 Act 2 Battle Pass||Tier 10|
|Couture||EP. 01 Act 1 Battle Pass||Tier 15|
|Depths||EP. 02 Act 3 Battle Pass||Tier 20|
|Red Alert||EP. 01 Act 2 Battle Pass||Tier 35|
|Surge||EP. 01 Act 3 Battle Pass||Tier 35||Black|
|Varnish||EP. 03 Act 2 Battle Pass||Tier 40|
- The Stinger's design seems to be based on the LWRC SMG-45 prototype with the trigger guard shape based on the B&T APC9.
- CQ-SBR stands for Close Quarters - Short Barreled Rifle, the latter being a common designation in the US for carbines chambered in rifle caliber or pistol caliber rounds.
|Sidearms||Classic • Shorty • Frenzy • Ghost • Sheriff • Golden Gun|
|SMGs||Stinger • Spectre|
|Shotguns||Bucky • Judge|
|Rifles||Bulldog • Guardian • Phantom • Vandal|
|Sniper Rifles||Marshal • Operator|
|Machine Guns||Ares • Odin|