No one can hold their breath forever.
— Character selection
The American chemist, Viper deploys an array of poisonous chemical devices to control the battlefield and cripple the enemy's vision. If the toxins don't kill her prey, her mind games surely will.
Viper is a predator that deals in poison and chemical warfare. She has exploding projectiles that spill acid on the battlefield, as well as a poison-gas emitter, and a toxic gas screen to prevent passage. Her ultimate emits a toxic cloud that conceals her location and can highlight enemies who wander into it .
Viper is a savage and confident agent who doesn't fear enemies, in fact desire the enemies' fear. Just like her utility, she can be quite "toxic", however, she is seen being more amiable and caring towards her teammates.
"They call me a monster. Shall I prove them right?"
— Viper (Match Start)
Attracting attention with her jet black hair and venom green eyes, Viper also has a black mask. When Viper ults, this mask turns into a gas mask.
Equip a chemical launcher. Fire to launch a canister that shatters upon hitting the floor, creating a lingering chemical zone that damages enemies and applies Vulnerable, doubling incoming damage. Vulnerable lasts for 2 seconds upon leaving the area of effect.
Equip a gas emitter. Fire to throw the emitter that perpetually remains throughout the round. Re-use the ability to create a toxic gas cloud at the cost of fuel. This ability can be re-used more than once and can be picked up to be redeployed. Poison Orb goes on a 6 second cooldown after being deactivated.
Equip a gas emitter launcher. Fire to deploy a long line of gas emitters. Re-use the ability to create a tall wall of toxic gas at the cost of fuel. This ability can be re-used more than once. Toxic Screen burns through walls, placing emitters at all valid locations (e.g., the ground) over its length.
Equip a chemical sprayer. Fire to spray a chemical cloud in all directions around Viper, creating a large cloud that reduces the vision range of players and maximum health of enemies inside of it. Hold the ability key to disperse the cloud early. Lasts forever if Viper returns to refuel it every 15 seconds, or remains inside.
Even though Viper's snakebite has a relatively low DPS, when used with her smokes, the decay + molly makes the enemy die in less than 5 seconds. This is really helpful when the enemies try to defuse the spike.
|TIER 1||TIER 2||TIER 3||TIER 4||TIER 5|
Pick Your Poison
|TIER 6||TIER 7||TIER 8||TIER 9||TIER 10|
One Dark Night
- Main Article: Viper/Quotes
- Viper is from Alaska, as mentioned by Riot PHRISK in a Valorant Lore Discord server.
- She also appears to have links to Seattle due to what can bee seen in her personal card
- Viper may have connections to Kingdom, evidenced by their logo appearing on her belt
- Viper is one of the founders of the Valorant Protocol alongside Brimstone
- According to Omen, Viper used to be a 'healer' before being a part of the VP
- One of Viper's passwords was about March 20th, a date of importance to her that is possible, but not necessarily, her birthday
- Viper and Omen know each other from a time before the VP was created.
- Viper was the one who recruited Breach into the VP, though this decision appears to have been controversial
- "Well done Breach! I knew hiring you was a good idea"
- Viper could also have been the one to recruit Raze to the VP, if the theory of Raze joining at the same time as Breach is true
- There is possible animosity between her and Reyna, which may be as a result of something that happened between Viper and a small girl who is very important to Reyna
- "Reyna, a woman after my own heart. You can't have it though"
- Viper and Sage have crossed paths before, though their collaboration did not go as planned, with Sage apparently failing at her role in their efforts. Viper still holds some resentment towards her for what happened
- Ashly Burch's Tweet
|Scrapped||Crusader • Joules • Shatter|
|Quotes||Astra • Breach • Brimstone • Cypher • Jett • Killjoy • Omen • Phoenix • Raze • Reyna • Sage • Skye • Sova • Viper • Yoru|